Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Randy!

Gettting ready for the weekend.
So now Randy is finally the same age as me! Yeah...no more jokes I hope. So we made it up to Sturgeon Bay for the weekend and we had a great time as usual. Friday night we got up by my parents and pretty much had dinner and went to bed.

Saturday was Randy's Birthday and we woke up to celebrate. He recieved some great presents thanks to Lauren. A classic baseball and mit. Now once she is old enough they can play catch in the backyard. And to everyones surprise my husband is very easy to please when it comes to buying presents--the simpler the better. The following is an example: He absolutely ADORES his $10- antenna (now he can watch So You Think You Can Dance without a fat Cat Dealy like we got from non-HD Fox) from Carson and Allison and his Tazo Refresh Tea...See guys I told you so!!!! Then it was off to visit a dwarf and miniture horse at Carson's Aunt Kathy's house. I knew Lauren would have a great time as she loves horses. We arrived and fed the horses our carrots and then took them for a walk to an open field when they spend the day. Lauren had a great time because she was almost the same size as the horses....and she got to sniff some more flowers (she really cannot get enough of that!)

Angela the birthday girl and Lauren

A family who got bit by the pond bug...can we get one please?!?!

Ker Plunk

I'm gonna get you!

After frowlicking with the horses it was time for a nap to get ready for the real party. My Nana and Papa were hosting a party for my Papa's brother Freddie and his wife Toni. They came up from New Orleans for the weekend. All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there. So nice to catch up with all of them since we rarely get to see them all together. And we also had to celebrate some birthdays too! My cousin Angela turned 21 too! Randy and her share the same birthday so I baked a cake that was absolutely delicious and which weighed about 10 lbs because of the 2 1/2 lbs of butter, 4 cups of chocolate chips, and 4 cups of flour! ...mmm I am having a craving just thinking about it. It seemed that people could not get enough of it...although the three layers was alot of cake! So there was alot of slivers being sliced. We also got a chance to take advantage of the beautiful pond for some pictures! Lauren could have played all day making stones go ker-plunk, watching the frogs jump, as well as seeing the big fish swim. Maybe we could get a way smaller version for our backyard some day.

No comments: