Monday, March 1, 2010

My baby is 3!

Laurens birthday festivities started the day before her real birthday. We took her to see her first movie at a theater. We saw The Princess and the Frog. What a cute movie.
It was also a first for Randy and I as we went to see it at a theater which serves food and drink all while you enjoy a movie.
I also loved going to this theater because we didn't have to watch previews. I think they are a waste of time...as you can guess I get very impatient easily.
What a great idea for a family activity...note: next time we go we have to remember not to show up 30 min. before the movie starts!
On her actual birthday (which occurred on a Monday) Randy took off of work and we were able to have a family day.
So we had a special day where we all got to use our creativity. We all painted a piece of pottery. Lauren chose to paint a beautiful princess bank. Her style was more abstract.
Randy painted a platter that will fit in with our dinnerware.
And I painted a birthday plate which will be a special plate for the birthday girls. We were there for three hours and I could have spent the whole day creating wonderful things for our home. I want to make a return trip to make things for birthdays. Now we all have to be patient for a few days while our treasures are fired.

No comments: