Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Claire's One!!!

People have said this to me before we started a family "enjoy these moments as they go by so quickly".  And goodness...were they right.  Now I find myself saying this all.of.the.time!    I can recall taking this picture...by the way not even looking through the viewfinder of my DSLR...and when I reviewed it...I knew that I had captured such a beautiful moment between my two daughters.  The look of wonder in Laurens eyes is priceless. 
We have celebrated many surprises with Claire.  I think that the one that sticks out is how at a very young age she seemed like she was going to be the quiet one...but that quickly changed when she started making very loud pterodactyl noises to get our attention.  Now all she has to do is say those sweet little words of 'mamma or dadda' and we are there.  And she can definitely hold her own.  I think that she is going to be one tough little sweetie.
And those smiles. You melt us everytime you give us one.   There are so many different ones to choose from.  From the sweet innocent and shy ones to the bold and goofy old man grins.  What a little clown you are. 
 Your so petite.  Many people reference back to me when they see you.  So dainty.
 All of your nicknames include: wiggle worm, squirmy wormy, little peanut, and sweet pea.
 And now you are ONE!  Happy Birthday Claire:)

No comments: